Sunday, July 12, 2009

Where are the sailor's....






Do you remember the words to a song asking "Where have all the cowboy's gone?" Well this is what came to mind when I was out on the pier. There are two old aircraft carriers, which are being made into museums or such. It's part of the base that they have closed down. If your familiar with out govt. they have done this thru out a lot of our military bases. So I ask "where have all our sailor's gone?"
I've found all kinds of things while out walking on the dock. The old tie downs (called cleats), some broken. Wow what it took to break one of them. They are huge. Some still have ropes (the ropes are about 5 inches around, and or metal cables, giant pulleys. Now there are weeds coming up and birds making homes, and yes, men like, my Lester, are out there fishing. I guess I'm just saying remember out military whether past or present. They need to be held up in prayer...that they know or come to know the Lord, and are safe in their work trying to keep us, and our country safe.

No comments: