Saturday, June 13, 2009

My knitting...





I've been working on a couple, well ok, more that a couple of projects. I love to knit. The only thing better might be my pottery. But... how I hated working on this sweater! I was terrible! I came out so big. I did everything. my gauge, measured, you name it. I was doing it for Ashley. Well, sorry honey. I think it will fit Lynn. So it's something else to be worked on for you.

I loved the yarn I did the scarf out of. It was fantastic to work with. I will use it again. I have it named and all that on my Ralvery page.
You wont believe what my husband did. I went into the yarn store here in Ri to get some needles. (yes, I always need them, I don't know where they go?) Anyway's while I was in there he went into the book store next door. I went in looking for him when I was finished. She said to me when I asked after him. Oh you are the knitter that was next door! He spoke so well of you. Well that had my ear's up (so to speak). She then said he went outside. So out I went...Lester was in the truck. I got in, said the lady spoke well of him, he just gave me that Lester grin (if you know him then you know what I mean). Something was up. Off we road. He reached over the seat and said he had something for me! It was a sock pattern book! Yes, a knitting book! It was for knitting two socks at once on circular needles... I have checked it out but didn't know if I could do it. I opened it up, he had written the best thing inside.
"For my darling wife, i hope you like this book as much as I will enjoy your frustration watching you try to knit your frist PAIR of socks. Lester".
So now you know me I have to make them. So I'll post a picture as soon as I get them done!
Have a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew my daddy was a romantic at heart! And about that birthday present...I will add some things to your revelry notebook to keep you busy! Especially in deep plum or chocolate brown...hint, hint! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Now you have to get them done!