Friday, February 11, 2011

Another day...


Can't wait to see this little place buried in springtime. Until then it's just another day. Okay, so not another day. I'll start again. This is one of my favorite places. Small, tiny, blue and old! But, I love it. Now I can go on from there. Oh many times have you just looked at something, but, never really looked at it?
When I see these old places I love to see myself in them. I then think Who has lived here and left a mark on this place? Was it a ding on the corner or was it a measure mark of a child growing on the door jam?
Who planted that huge bush? How long has it been there? Was it a young women newly married trying to make a home? Or an old lady smiling to herself trying to leave something for some one to remember her by?
Has the man that put up those walls left a hidden package between those walls waiting for someone to find it so much later in time.

I remember A guy I knew in NY. His parents were working on there house. They were moving one of the walls (WHICH I NEVER WOULD HAVE DONE!!! It was perfect as it was). But while in the job they came across a treasure. In between those studs was a small package wrapped in old crumbling brown paper. Inside it was some of the neatest things. Two small button up shoes of childeren (different sizes). A couple of marbles, a tin man, and a picture of a littleboy. The softest blond hair, and such huge light colored eyes. I remeber stiiing there looking at that picture wondering if he had been born in one of those rooms upstairs. Had he growen into an old man while living here. Had he watched his siblings grow up and move on in the world. Had he faught in one of our countries wars, and never to return?

Others may just look past these old places thinking it's just another day riding home or past. While I love to look intently and ask these type of questions as I go by.

So the next time you pass on by as yourself, did the lovedones who lived here just live another day, or did they touch and move someones heart to bring a better time to someones day.

No comments: