Monday, February 9, 2009

Our last week...

Hello Everyone,
Let me start with this last week. It has been both a trial and a rejoice time. A dear friend of ours has passed away after quite a fit with cancer. They had told him and his wife that he had a matter of weeks to maybe at best a couple of months. But... If you know the Lord then you also know that it was just man speaking not God! Steve had made it a couple of more years! Praise God! He got to spend some much needed time with his wife Ellen, and their 11 childeren. They had just lost one of their sons "Josh" six month ago to the day. They have been thru much... But they have kept their eyes on the Lord to guide and lead them.

They and their childeren have been an insperation to so many. The Lord has used them in so many different ways. Where others would be falling... they keep looking at Him who will save them and get them thru. I'm not saying they don't have feelings like the rest of us. I'm saying they trust in the Lord to do ALL things.

Please keep them in prayer that the Lords will will continue to magnify and grow, to lead and guide them in all things at this time. To protect them form everything that would try to come against them. In Christ's Name. Amen.

I want to take this time to thank everyone who came to be with "The Hingles" this last week. I know there were over 200 people staying in aboubt 5 houses in "the valley". I tried to get all the names... guess what you that know me know I don't do names! But still to all THANK YOU so very much!

Lester and I traveled to Richmond VA from Newport RI, to meet Brianna. She road by herself from Char, SC to Richmond to meet us. Thank you Lord for watching over her. We stayed the night in Richmond, then went on to Columbia, KY. Thru sonw, rain, and ice. We made after a 12 1/2 hr drive. My daughter Ashley and her family went from Wash. DC to KY. We had familyies from Wisconson, Illinose, Indiana, New Orleans, Calf. The Lord watched over everyone.

Just at Ashley's house there was 5 families with over 35 people all together. I hope you all have a good afternoon. I'll write more later. I'm on to my knitting...

No comments: