Sunday, February 22, 2009

We had a great time!







We had the first Knitting Bee with the new store in Summerville, SC last Thru. night. It will be the 3rd Thur. of each month. About 20 people were there knitting and learning how to, and several others just came by to shop and look.

I met some really nice new people, and seen several I already knew. All went fantastic. Everyone talked, laughed, learned some new tricks. There was food and drinks. No bad language! I was thrilled about that. We had all different age groups and projects going. Emily (the owner) I think was really thrilled how it went.
I will definatley be going back. Thank you Emily!!!

Yes, I'm learning something new....socks. We shall see how they go. I made one yesterday. It came out huge. Of course it was wool!(those that know me know I'm allergic to wool!) So I washed it and put it in the dryer. So we shall see if it shrank enough. heehee! So I went to the Village Knittery and found a book on how to make them I do think that might help. So I'm on to trying it again.... I'll let you know how they come out.

Hey Shell thanks for the cook out. Brianna and I had a great time. Hope we get to do it again soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pictures look great, although I'm in to many of them. ;) It's a shame it only is taking place once a month. I am looking forward to coming back in March though. I actually stopped in yesterday for a pair of needles. I was going to get some yarn as well, but couldn't decide on anything.

I hope the socks are working out better now that you have a book to instruct you.

-Jamie