Monday, September 21, 2009

What is living history?

I heard this expression the other day. I've been thinking on it sense. If it means to bring parts and pieces of history to today so the people of today can see it and understand it better, then I'd love to be part of it.

I ride all over the countryside with Lester looking at(well you could say studing it). I have him ride where ever I can. I love to do it. He'll ask where? So I tell him, "Anywhere, just go".

I love to look at the arcutecture of the buildings (homes, barns, storefronts) then everything that goes with them. From the window frames, to the doors, to the fences. I know I drive him crazy with it. I'm alway's "did you see that! or That was fantastic!". But he does take me everywhere.





This last weekend we went back to the Sakonnet Winery in Tauton,RI. There's a fantastic little old town section( or crossroad). THe buildings date back to the 1700's. So I bet you can imagian what I like. Eye's everywhere. Then there is alos a yarn shop! Which makes it that much better.

While over there we went to this little resturant. It was really cute, and yes, I got our weekend picture as I like to call it.

I have on my lastest scarf. I love it! It's of alpaca & milk fiber. It's one of my favorite yarns. I'd love to make all kinds of things with it. It's so soft, hangs great.

We did get a couple bottles of wine (yumm). We were going to eat there on the grounds and have some of the wine...but, the resturant had just closed for the day. It had sounded so romantic. But the place we did go was real nice. I'd really like to go back and try the Lobster Bisque!

No comments: